The Youth Housing and Reintegration Service Funding is to help reduce homelessness through the provision of support, brokerage and accommodation for young people in the Mount Isa community who are:
• Exiting or transitioning from Child Safety orders; and/or
• Transitioning from a period of sentence or remand in Youth Detention facilities.
• “Sleeping Rough”
• Living in unstable, temporary or inadequate housing.
YHARS Mount Isa provides case management support and brokerage to young people aged 12-20 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to transition to greater stability and independence. The support will be delivered to young people who are:
• Without accommodation
• Living in existing accommodation
• Residing in youth studios
• Accommodated in transition to Independent living units